Sunday, February 17, 2013

Winter Highlights

Contrary to our lack of winter postings, we have actually been staying quite busy this season. I wouldn't say no to an early spring, but winter has been moving along rather quickly so far. 

After last year's birding disaster (see below, right), we had to get a new seasonal wreath. We went with something a little spikier this time around. On the upside, all four house finches successfully fledged. 


We took a nostalgic trip to the Schell's Brewery in New Ulm with some college friends. Everything still tastes and looks the same, so that's good, I guess. We topped off the trip with Bloody Marys from Patricks in St. Peter, which are still as delicious as I remember. 


I feel like the gnome on the right is texting someone.





Adam brightened up the house with beautiful yellow tulips, but not for Valentine's Day. We're not suckers.


I celebrated a bonus day off from work with a St. Paul Fun Day. I met Adam for lunch, went to a few favorite stores, and warmed up at the Conservatory, my favorite (nearly) free place to be.









It was the Winter Flower Show, very heavy on the lilies and other bulbs. 
It just makes my fingers itch for spring!

  


TJ has been loving the snow, as usual, but has developed a sneaky habit of running out between your legs as you try to leave for work in the morning. He's no fool. He knows that I always have about 5 things in my hands as I try to lock the door, and I have a soft spot in my heart for sweet dogs that love to sleep (or pretend-sleep) in the snow.

  Sunny Day Sneak-Out



Cloudy Day Sneak-Out



This day was exceptionally beautiful since we woke up to a beautiful coating of perfect snow and the first hint of blue skies in quite some time. I let TJ have a few extra snow minutes that morning.



Can you find TJ? He's trying to blend in so he won't get called back inside.


We also did a quick mini re-arrangement of the living room. Winter tends to bring out the restlessness in me. 

TJ loves being under the table...


...even when we move the table to the other side of the room.


I was waiting for the floor to dry, so I caught up on my Saturday morning PBS cooking shows.


New rug! TJ likes it.


Then I changed out the lampshade a few hours later.


And, finally, I tossed in a few decorative pillows for Adam, since I know how much he loves pillows. 

It's the little things that count. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new look !!! Mom Johnson