Saturday, February 2, 2013

An Evening With Fulton Worthy Adversary







This has been the winter of Russian Imperial Stouts. While I can't seem to get enough of them, it is also hard to avoid them. Many breweries added the RIS to their seasonal lineups this winter. I couldn't be happier since this is one of my favorite styles. A standard-style stout or porter never seems to offer enough flavor or body for me. The best versions of this style offer a variety of strong flavors but are balanced throughout the entire taste. 

Fulton did amazing job. I taste chocolate, coffee, fruit, and molasses, but not one flavor dominates. As great as it tastes, it also has a velvety mouth-feel that makes it so smooth. The body of an RIS is always what makes it for me and this is simply awesome. I have never been a fan of the 750 ml size (12OZ4LIFE) and that will probably stop me from buying it again, but I'm glad I took a chance on this one. Tasty!



No comments: