Sunday, February 17, 2013

An Evening With Pour Decisions Acerbity Made With Lemmy Brett










Friday evening Nicole and I stopped into Pour Decisions to check out their fresh selection. We left with a growler of their warm and flavorful 3.1% ABV Pubstitute which helped to nudge Nicole out of her IPA-only corner. We also grabbed two bottles of Acerbity made with a special Brettanomyces strain. There is a lot of tart and sour fruit here. It is also very yeasty and acidic tasting. Nicole liked the initial sip, but the funk of Brett was not her cup of tea. The ABV on this guy was only 2.7%, which might make it the lowest alcohol beer I have ever consumed. You would think this would make it easier to drink, but it is hard to take down a whole bottle on my own. Nicole pitched in with a small glass, but the tartness is so intense I was only able drink it in small sips. Overall, a very pleasant beer that packs a punch without the alcohol. Only 100 bottles were made of this style, so I consider myself lucky to grab two. It's great to have another brewery in town willing to take some chances and make something unique.

No comments: