Thursday, July 2, 2009

See How My Garden Grows

Theodore and Pickles are always in the mood for some action around the house. What better way to entertain them than to open up a box of vegetables? Not quite as thrilling as a tuna can opening, but it will suffice.
Nicole's vision of gardening is not something to which I subscribe. I have chosen to let professionals handle the work and I will pay them handsomely for it. Here I am with my third box of veggies from Eener's Farm CSA. They are a family who lives in Boyceville, WI who have turned a hobby into a small business. Every Monday until October I can go to the local Co-Op and pick up a box with my name on it. They also include a little newsletter in every box with ideas on what to do with the contents and a sneak peak on coming weeks.

Note the box, me, my name, my location, and 1/2 written on the box. This is gardening my friends.
Mock surprise at its finest.
A small haul for now (It is early in the season), but the bonus eggs are a nice treat.
Based on the recently newsletter I can expect the following soon: more beets, baby kohlrabi, bigger turnips, and swiss chard (whatever that is).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tie Adam

Anonymous said...

Looks like some good stuff....

Mom Johnson

Mattson Family said...

Adam,
Swiss Chard is tastey good, use it like spinach in salads etc. But it is better cooked (spinach/chard lasagna or stuffed shells with chard and cheese). You may want to fully remove leaf from red stem as the red parts can be kind of bitter. Enjoy!