Friday, June 28, 2013

More Blue!

We just brought our new tub home from Menards. It was last year's model, so we thought we were pretty smart to score such a sweet deal. Until we removed it from its packaging...


Another blue tub!


I nearly had a heart attack right in the middle of our driveway. 

Thankfully, I was quickly informed that the blue is just the protective liner and the actual tub is white. What a relief! In keeping with the theme, however, I planted five blueberry bushes to replace our crazy dogwoods. The dogwoods were supposed to stay five feet tall and wide, but they grow nearly 12 feet every single summer. They had to go. I did a very last-minute prep job on the soil, so I'm a little worried how the blueberries will fare, but we'll see. I have a feeling that the rabbits will be a bigger challenge than soil acidity. At least blueberries are slow-growing. That will be a nice change.




Adam took care of the last of our flooring. See you, bathroom! 

(P.S. Someone came around and took our scrap pipes approximately one hour after we put them on the curb. For the life of me, I can't imagine the return on investment would be enough to justify hauling those heavy, disgusting, decades-old pipes around, but it's one less thing to worry about on our end!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole I thought the same, "not blue again". Have any of the other bathroom things disappeared from the curb? Good luck on the project. Mom B

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the blueberries!!
Mom Johnson