Monday, June 17, 2013

20 Weeks

Whew...we made it to the halfway mark! And for those placing bets, little Baby Johnson will be a boy!



Adam and I really didn't have any intuition one way or the other (not knowing what to expect anyway), although we were both leaning approximately 52-48% toward boy. This has been a relatively relaxed pregnancy, especially compared to what came before, and I've felt more mellow and stress-free pregnant than non-pregnant. If it had been a girl, I think the double dose of estrogen would have sent me over the edge.

By the half-way mark, I had gained 8 pounds - half of it in popsicles - and decided to put the maternity pants into regular rotation. He started to kick one day shy of 17 weeks and has been living it up lately, especially mornings and evenings. Adam felt the first kicks on Sunday, Father's Day. Baby is reaching the one pound mark, and then things should really get rocking.

I'm still not a huge fan of ultrasound pics, but I had to make an exception for this guy. He's already cute as a button. 



I think we're blowing bubbles here, according to the tech.
It's absolutely amazing that you can see the spine, the stomach, the little nose, etc.

I counted, like, 18 toes, but we were assured that there are only five.
NSFW!

It will most definitely be a little boy.


This is my favorite pic. Check out that bicep! Adam says he already has a great frisbee arm. For about half the ultrasound, he had one arm behind his head, just hanging out. I have a feeling this guy is going to take after Adam. He's very chill.


Pink and blue cookies for work. My co-workers were split down the middle on what we were having, but everyone agreed on a cookie or two.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a cute little guy !! Thanks for sharing...you look GREAT, Nicole! Grandma and Grandpa johnson

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both you will be great parents. We Can NOT wait to meet our nephew!!! LOve you 3!!
Aunt Sarah and Uncle Travis

Casey@LoveWhatIs said...

Yay! I tend to have a small (x4) preference for boys. :) They are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love his cute little nose. I had a strong feeling from the first time you announced your pregnancy that it was boy, not sure why. Nicole you continue to radiate with love, Adam the smile in your eyes is awesome.
We are so excited to meet our first grandson. Love to the 3 of you,
Grandma and Papa Barondeau

Mattson Family said...

Hooray!!! So happy for you two. ...and happy for Gus who will have a friend really close to his age! Very glad you are feeling well Nicole.
See you soon!