Monday, April 27, 2009

Wait a second....back in March....did we bonspiel?

We Did Bonspiel!

This is pretty much old news, but Nicole and I attended the 3rd or 2nd or something Bonspeil Cup that Ryan and Sarah Erickson annually host. It is an equal opportunity event held in Two Harbors, MN and allows curlers of all skill level participate so long as you are friendly with the Ericksons--no enemies allowed.

Here is Ryan doing his best to stack his team with a bunch of ringers. This plan was successful since I was on his team with Wally/Justin. We got 2nd place in the tournament, but.......whatever. 
I have been told that I curl with the same intensity that Bobby Fischer used to beat Boris Spassky at Reykjavik in 1972.
Nicole curls like she is about break into a bag of plain M&Ms.
I promised Kyle that I would send him this picture, but never did. Kyle, here you go!
A good day was had by all and even though we didn't win the game, we won the hearts of our friends and I think that's the important thing. However, if we had won, I probably wouldn't care about all the friend crap, but I guess the hearts are still important.