Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day from Stillwater

In honor of Earth Day, here are some recent photos from our nature trails.  

We took a walk around Lake McKusick over the Easter weekend to catch up with the red-winged blackbirds, painted turtles, and beavers (you have to look carefully for that one...TJ will show you where to look).




Bulbs continue to pop up around the yard.  The first two photos are existing bulbs from years ago, but the next three photos are bulbs I planted last fall.  I'm very glad to see that they survived the winter.  You would think I would know what type of flowers appeared (or could remember what I planted), but alas - at almost 30 years old - all I can recall is the daffodil.





And for those keeping track, the herbs are doing great at week 4 (and a half).  We would have more cilantro, except we needed a few leaves for a recipe and had to raid our little seedlings.  They were delicious.  


No comments: