Thursday, October 11, 2012

Autumn Colors at Maplelag

Still at Maplelag on the Sunday following Erin and Paul's wedding, we decided to head out onto the lake before everyone else woke up. The lake was so calm that I didn't want to break the surface with the canoe. I'm very glad we did, though. The autumn colors were spectacular.



  

My new Facebook profile pic, something sufficiently Minnesotan.
I hope I get as many years out of this shot as I did my last one!





The temps were barely above freezing. Gloves and a hat would have been lovely.





Approaching the resort and preparing for a hot breakfast, smorgasbord-style! 




This is a crowd that partied hard, because you know it's bad when you need two cups of coffee straight-away.




Congrats, newlyweds! And Adam.





We had to work off that brunch before our four hour drive home. Time for one last hike. This day also happened to be our anniversary, and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.











Well, year seven has its work cut out for it if it wants to top that perfect weekend. Better start planning now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day to celebrate your 6th Anniversary. But not as special as 2006. Love Mom B

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful !!! Mom Johnson