Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Selby Holidays

This is old news now, but I wanted to share photos from our Thanksgiving/Christmas weekend in Selby, SD. We brought TJ along for the weekend, and he kept a respectable distance from Tasha, my parent's American Eskimo dog. Tasha is 15 or 16 years old now and much of her vision and hearing has been lost. Her sense of smell, however, is still excellent, and she never forgets to beg for just a bite of turkey dinner.

Tasha did not realize that she had plopped down directly in front of TJ, but TJ didn't seem to mind. You can do anything to him when he's tired.

TJ did wake up in time to help Adam prepare the fixings for dinner. Adam's contribution was green bean casserole prepared entirely from scratch. He's making a homemade fried onion topping in the old-school blender below. I made the marshmallow-topped sweet potato casserole - WAY easier.

In case you can't tell, the temperatures were frigid, although that didn't prevent TJ and Kaci from tearing around the high school football field.




The post office was open for one hour - and one hour only - on Saturday morning, so we took TJ and Kaci downtown. This was easily the most action I'd seen on Main Street all weekend.

My dad got a Twins jersey from Tyler and Courtney, and I was so insanely jealous, especially because he really kept rubbing it in.



Then I got my own Mauer jersey, and all was well with the universe again.


Adam and I inherited a Kirby vacuum, which we've been told is just about the most fun cleaning you can have. I'm fairly certain it comes with attachments for painting your house.

Adam graciously shared his Christmas Vikings jersey with TJ. Although I can't guarantee how long we'll be able to wear Number 4 in public, at least it will get a second life at Halloween. Happy Holidays!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicole and Adam thanks for the great weekend, and the awesome foods made. Enjoy your Christmas holiday. MOM B