Friday, August 21, 2009

Let's Talk About Strega

I came across this liqueur when Nicole bought me a pineapple on Friday. The cocktail which used the pinapple as its vessel required an unfamiliar ingredient called Strega. It took trips to three different liquor stores before we found it.

What is Strega?

"Strega (or Liquore Strega), is an Italian herbal liqueur produced since 1860 by the S. A. Distilleria Liquore Strega in Benevento,Campania, Italy. Its yellow color comes from the presence of saffron in its recipe. Liquore Strega is 80 proof (40%) and among its approximately 70 herbal ingredients are mint and fennel." - Thanks Wikipedia!!!




Strega is good. Very good. Good with vodka, rum, or just ice. You must try it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like pee. Would pee mix well with vodka or rum? I think not. You, my friend, are lying.

Unknown said...

Herbal drink my @#$.

Mattson Family said...

Ok Adam, that's like 3 posts in a row about different drinks you're mixing up, either you missed your calling as an adventuring bar owner or we should be worried....=)

Mattson Family said...

ps: previous comment solely in jest...you give me a lot of good ideas, but I still have difficulty straying from the red wine. I have some tart and cinnamon apple juice I made from our crab apple tree...I bet you could make something awesome out of that, hmmm