Monday, December 8, 2008

A Trip to the Zoo

We worked off our turkey calories at the Henry Doorly Zoo.  Since we picked the coldest, wettest day to visit, the animals rewarded us by posing for the camera and generally being adorable.  Who doesn't love zebras!?


I actually really liked the warthog characters, but it is true that they did have quite the aroma.

This was probably the saddest elephant I had ever seen.  I'm sure he was just napping or relaxing or thinking big thoughts, but did he have to look so depressed?  I almost cried for him.  Omaha in the winter is not that bad.
  
On the bright side, I did get to see a sloth move.  Some smart zookeeper put his food just below his perch so that he would have to do full-body curl-ups to eat that lettuce.  It should be noted that he was stretched over a moat about 20-30 feet below containing some very hungry hippos.  Since I doubt his quick reflexes, you have to hope that those two toes hold on tight.


No comments: