Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Tally

TJ and I handed out the Halloween treats again this year.  Pickles celebrated by not hiding under the bed.

Since I have nothing better to do tonight, here is the final tally of our Halloween guests:

6:10  First guest arrives. 1 little boy with his parents and grandparents - it must be his very first Halloween.  TJ almost knocks him over in an attempt to eat his stuffed crocodile head.

6:45  TJ scares the next 4 little kids with his Halloween spirit.  If only he didn't look so hungry.

6:50  2 boys trick-or-treating for the "Food Shelf".  Right.  I give them Suddenly Salad and Krusteaz Bread Mix.  After leaving, I realize that there is a good possibility that both items may be expired.

Massive Halloween Action: 3 kids + 4 kids + 4 girls + 3 boys who liked our political pumpkins and flashed me a peace sign (I think)

1 girl + dad (neighbors)

2 kids + dad (1 kid with pinkeye, I learn, as TJ again tries to eat child)

2 little girls ("Big puppy!")

7:38  TJ takes a bathroom break and pees on football jersey for the second year in a row.  I thought we had learned our lesson from last year, but I guess we did not.

More Halloween Action:  2 girls + 3 boys + 3 kids + 2 guys (1 dressed as Dunn Bros coffee, 1 dressed as Ketchup...I asked how they came up with their idea and the answer for both was "It's tasty") + 3 girls + 1 girl 

8:36  6 kids - the littlest one put his hand in the candy bowl and tried to take about 8 candies.  The oldest one received a Snickers but stated that she preferred Nerds.  The second oldest one received Nerds, but apparently only liked Twix.  Seriously.

2 more little girls 

9:03  1 boy and 1 girl

9:16  Lights off.  Only 8 pieces of candy remain, and I will eat all of those myself.

9:22  TJ's jersey enters the spin cycle on the wash machine.  Maybe next year he won't pee on himself.  I declare Halloween 2008 a relatively phenomenal success.



No comments: